Friday, May 29, 2009

This May Just Be...

...my last post for awhile! 
So I will make the health update a quick one. After having several painful shots in my butt cheeks, I found out this week that my iron has only gone up to 105 from 102. Crazy eh?!? There's no danger to the baby because he takes what he needs and leaves the rest for me. So after much thought and encouragement from my doctor, I'm going to put red meat back in my diet. I'm pretty disappointed about it but its for the best. I'm not entirely sure how much I should be eating a week but I will definitely start off with only a little bit. Last time I had meat after a long time, I got pretty sick.

I'm not dilated at all, and have had very few contractions, so if I don't give birth by June 3 (which is only an educated guess and only about 5% of women actually do give birth on their projected day), then Friday June 5th,  I have an appt at the hospital to figure out if they will induce. They might decide to induce that day, or to schedule a date for the following week. I'm hoping that my doctor will be there, so it might be on the 10th or the 11th. 
We will for sure keep you posted by email or Twitter! Rich has Twitter set up on his Blackberry now so he can give you a play by play...Don't expect any while I'm delivering, I can only imagine how those would read! hehe

Wish me luck everyone! It's been a fun adventure but this past week has been the hardest! 
I will be happy to get my mobility back!

xox

3 comments:

  1. don't feel bad...my iron didn't go up at all either when i was having those terrible shots! my doctor has me eating red meat 5 times a week, so i'm sure it'll be good for to be eating some too! as much as it probably grosses you out right now, a good steak and a glass of red wine is yummy! although, my doctor told me that red wine with red meat keeps your body from getting all the iron from your food. i think she's crazy! i mean, really, she's just a doctor, right? geesh. anyway, good luck with everything! i have been fighting getting twitter but i may have to get it now, just so that i can get the baby play by play! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. one more day! i'm mailing jacob's gift on his due date!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, present is going in the mail today...come on out baby jacob! :)

    ReplyDelete