Friday, May 29, 2009

Mother's Day

I know its been awhile and lots has been going on. I want to take the chance to update everyone, and I guess would like to go as far back as Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day! :-)
I headed over to my parents and did a little shopping at Le Panier with Olga, for a gift that I could put together. I picked up a wicker basket, lined it with a decorative tea towel and filled it with some specialty jam and baked goods. I'm kicking myself for not taking a pic! I was happy with the way it turned out. I also made her breakfast the following morning so, I presented it to her then. She was very happy! 
The previous night we headed out to a great restaurant called Madison's. The family gathered there to meet my brother's new girlfriend Veronica, who is very sweet and very cute! She's got a smile that lights up the room. Again, kicking myself for not having my camera. I brought her a plant of red Gerbera daisies as a welcome gift, which she later told my bro made her feel very welcome! 
I knew it would be a little scary for her at first, and wanted her to feel at ease :). 
The place was packed and the service was slow but the food and company definitely made up for it! My brother and Veronica are planning to go to Korea soon to teach. She just finished up her degree at McGill and is also looking to do her Master's. I had a lot of fun talking with her. My mom as usual asked her very bizarre questions. Our favorite was...So Veronica, do you like vegetables?
She claims she just didn't want to scare her away. We love you mom but you are crazy. 



1 comment:

  1. do you like vegetables?! i'm laughing out loud right now...seriously! that's so sweet! and you are so, so, so thoughtful to think of the flowers thing for her! and i can only imagine how wonderful that basket must have looked! you've always had such a good eye for putting things together!

    ReplyDelete