Friday, May 15, 2009

Hospital Visit



Our hospital visit went very well. We toured the Maternity Ward with about 3 other couples roughly the same age. I filled out a menu of my food preferences but not before Rich did while I was in the bathroom. He said that I preferred veal and beef and other not so appealing things. So needless to say, the paper was very messy when I handed it in! We are never safe from each others antics.

We got the low down on each room, and where I would be in each stage of labor.  The hospital is ultra modern and extremely clean (of course)! We're going to opt for a private room because the semi private is quite small. It would seem a bit tight to share it with another family, with their visitors coming and going, and crying babies etc...
So it definitely helped both of us feel more prepared for the big day. :-) I'm confident that I will be in good hands.

In other news, I'm getting my iron shots every week. Yesterday, I got another one which surprisingly hurt quite a bit! Not only was my bum cheek suffering, I agreed to let student nurses in to observe! Anyway, there isn't much modesty or privacy in a hospital that's for sure.
Afterward, I was done and on my merry way. :-)
   

1 comment:

  1. so exciting! what hospital are you going to? i had to have those iron shots too and they hurt A LOT!!! i haven't had one in almost 6 months and the area is still tender and sore! plus i have a stain, or as i call it...my bum tattoo! hope the shots are helping your iron levels! thinking of you...
    C.
    xo

    ReplyDelete