Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Baby Room

Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well. We've been keeping busy as usual, and enjoying the milder temperatures :) The snow is all gone and everything smells like poop! Spring is definitely here. I've been spending a lot of time at the dog park, Maya is doing so much better with the other dogs, and is a lot less fearful of the big ones.

We had a fun weekend with the boys, we went to a Quebec Junior hockey game on Friday night, in Drummondville. Montreal got beat pretty bad. The boys weren't very interested, so we left early. There was sooo much fighting, and so much testosterone, it made me wonder what I was in store for when all of the boys gets older! Yikes! 

Saturday, Rich and the boys went to see Monsters vs. Aliens. I didn't end up going because right before we were supposed to head out, Maya knocked me square in the nose, and gave me the nose bleed of the century. There was so much blood! Maya communicates a lot by giving you her paw. My nose just got in the way. I tried to hide all the blood from the boys because it was a horrific sight, so I hid in the bathroom until it was done. Sorry no pics were taken ;) Anywho, I insisted that they go without me, I was feeling super dizzy after all of that, and I would see it another time...
I'm off to see it today :) They all said it was amazing! Update: IT WAS! Love the 3D movies that are coming out now. 

The baby's room is almost finished!!! Yay!!! We are SO happy with the way that it turned out.
Take a look at the progress...

Taping the trim

Primed and taping very straight lines for the moldings and paint 

Testing the colours against the furniture and bedding. We went for a shade darker than the original bottom colour that was picked because the top and bottom were too similar.

Top done

and the bottom...

Cutting the moldings

Furniture coming together

Maya will be in charge of diapers

Et voila! 

The below pic was taken during the day... We have a few more things to do to wrap it up but this is it for the most part. The pics don't do it justice! It's a very warm feeling and it'll make all the time spent in here, very pleasant. :) I guess you'll all have to come visit to get the true essence of the room :)

We're both very excited and happy with the results, we make a great team!

3 comments:

  1. it's so beautiful! I love the wall colors with the baby furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - the room looks brilliant. I'm hoping I get to see it in person before too long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it time for some updated "bump" pictures ??

    ReplyDelete