Sunday, June 7, 2009

Day 4 OT

Yes I'm still preggers and I'm doing well :-) The boys are here until Monday evening, and my parents came to stay as well. They were here just in case anything should happen, and we had to leave suddenly, at least they would be here to watch the boys and dogs.
So needless to say , it has been a wonderful weekend.
My hospital visit went pretty crappy on Friday. It went well up until I met the doctor at the end.
We got there at 9 am and I waited in Triage with Rich and a few other women. Baby Jacob's heart rate, movements, and my contractions (if any) were being monitored for half and hour. All was well. Rich went downstairs to take care of something for work, and I started to doze off. At about 12 pm the doctor on duty arrived, and in a nutshell, basically performed a very painful examination despite my telling him that he was hurting me. He brushed me off and said, "Induction" and walked to the next woman. Anyway, needless to say I was very upset at being treated like a slab of meat even after speaking up. I don't care how busy you are, you don't treat people like that!
Anyway, I'm not sure what to do about it, it wasn't a very positive experience at all, and it really left a bad taste in my mouth about giving birth there. At least the nurses were very nice! I'm not sure if I should file a formal complaint or just let it go. I usually let things go and don't cause a stink but this time I get upset even now, when I think about it days later.
I booked a date for induction for the dates that my actual doctor is going to be there. They called me twice to change it until I put my foot down and refused to change my date again. So now, it's for June 11th. I'm not risking my doctor not being there, she will only be there for the 10th and the 11th. So now I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that Jacob comes on those days because I don't want anyone else to touch me!
Anyway, the weekend made up for a shitty appointment. We had lots of yummy food and I had my first taste of beef again after a looong time! Rich BBQ'd some delicious burgers, and it agreed with me so I think I'll be just fine with the transition. We all went swimming and I planted more flowers in the backyard too. :-)
Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

1 comment:

  1. that's terrible...you should absolutely write a formal complaint...if he treated you that way, i'm sure he's done it to other patients or will do it to other patients. he shouldn't get away with that!!! you could be the one complaint that makes them investigate or speak to him. glad the rest of the weekend was good!:)

    ReplyDelete