Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 1 of Overtime- Maya & Me

Still no real contractions. That means that I keep my appointment at the hospital for tomorrow morning at 9 am. It was at 8 but they asked me to show up a little later. I'm excited to see what they have to say!!! To induce or not to induce. The only thing that worries me about induction is the extra pain involved. I know it's for the best. I've got all the positive and comforting images that I'll be visualizing, stored in my head. I practiced this while I was getting my shots. Among one of the images is Maya! :-)
It was a beautiful day today and the sun was shining bright. I decided to take advantage of the nice weather and go for a dip in the pool, to relieve some of the heavy weight on my tum, which has been bothering my back this past week.
I slipped into this sexy number that my mom brought over. It didn't quite fit but it did the trick! My other suits were a little too snug at this point. I'm surprised that I was able to wear them throughout the majority of my pregnancy. The last time I wore one Zachary said,
"Wow, Jacob is a big baby!" hehe

This little bum kept tabs on me throughout my bob in the pool. She looks like SUCH a baby here. When she gets close enough, I put little bits of water on her face and paws. She makes her way up onto the edge of the first stair but won't come in. She enjoys a good bath though!


Pawing at the water

She'll take a drink instead. Mmm salt water...

Bored or distracted by a bug...She loves catching flies, and also cries when she can't manage to get it...



I think I'll dig up this apple tree! We don't think this is cute and I caught her right in the act this time! She was up to her torso! We plan on putting little wire fences around the trees but other suggestions would be appreciated! Not into the whole water gun thing...I've also heard of a spray that deters animals particularly cats from digging maybe we'll try that first....


I must say that she's a cute and good little girl. I love when she puts her head way back to get a view of what I'm up to. She can't just turn her head around. I always run over and tickle her chin. I can't resist! I can't wait to be able to walk with her again, Rich has been training her well. I'm hoping to be able to have her walk along side the stroller.


We'll keep you posted about tomorrow. I gave Rich your emails to keep you in the know!

1 comment:

  1. maya is one adorable pupper-roo! i'm so excited to see if tomorrow is the day!!! you're going to do awesome! and that's really cool that your pool is salt water...i want to come over for a swim!:)

    ReplyDelete