Thursday, June 2, 2011

Welcome Madison

Yep it's been awhile! Granted I've been super busy. I can't keep up with a blog too! Hard to believe Madison is already two months and Jacob will be two this month!

All bets are in. Madison is a....redhead! I am sooo happy about that. Once upon a time I didn't like red hair, now I adore it! It's really beautiful and so rare. Madison's is lighter than Jacob's was as a baby.

Maddie's birth went much smoother than his. I didn't spend over twenty hours in labour this time.  It was great, I showed up, got prepped, and voila! There was my baby! Well maybe not that easy considering my mild panic attack before surgery but that's a whole other story...ask me another day! hehe
It went so well that they let us go home after only two nights. I think getting back to Jacob was my biggest motivation. I missed him so much.
He greeted his sister so well, he had us in tears. He put little toys next to her and foam letters on her head.


Daddy before surgery.


 Welcome Madison! Should I have posted this? You're lucky it wasn't the surgery! ;-)

We still can't believe how much she looks like Jacob as a baby.


Baby Buddha


The Crew

My new crew. Phew, not the only girl anymore! Can't wait for all things girlie!

Jacob enjoying the outdoors and warm weather. What doesn't he enjoy?!?
This boy has a serious joie de vivre!


He also had fun planting impatients but had way more fun watering the flowers and trying to drown worms.

Our neighbourhood has a weekend long garage sale where you don't need a permit. I was hunting down a little house for Jacob to have in the backyard. After it all ended, I found one left by the curb. I guess I'm guilty of dumpster diving. I've been looking on kijiji to see if I could get a deal but haven't seen anything. I was ready to buy one at full price. It's in perfect shape and Jacob loves it. :-)

 

Madison is a relatively quiet and sleepy baby. She definetely has her loud moments and she's tough to feed sometimes. Breastfeeding has been a challenge because of her sleepiness and keeping up with Jacob.

I still cannot believe that I have a girl!!! Yipppeee!
A huge thank you to everyone for your thoughtful gifts, cards and help while we were in the hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment