Thursday, December 24, 2009

Solids!


I'm SO excited about cooking for Jacob! I'm having fun thinking up ideas and learning about all the best ways to prepare his food.
It's fun to to learn which foods are the best to introduce at different ages.
He has already had rice cereal and oats. Now for the fun stuff! Veggies!
I figured the best one to start with would be carrots. They just happen to be organic too :-)
So I cut and steamed away then pureed (Jacob cried when I used the blender :-()


Also prepared some beans...


Mixed a little water in with the carrots, not the steam water because apparently its too much nitrates for six months.

Froze them in the ice cube tray, then transfered the cubes to bags and containers.


He loved his first bite.

Wait a minute, this isn't cereal!!!

Needless to say, he wasn't crazy about it but he LOVED the beans a few days later. Who knew!

Next Avocados!

2 comments: